Top Tips to Help You Choose a Care Software
Whether you're still paper-based or you currently have a software that isn't meeting your needs, navigating the software options on the market can be overwhelming. We've put together a simple checklist to help you make the right decision for your business.
1. Brainstorm the features you want from your new software.
What problems are you facing within your business, where are you wasting the most time on administration and what would be your 'wish list' to save you time and improve your service? This will help you create your own personal checklist to find a software that fits your way of working.
2. Make sure it has NFC Technology.
3. Make a list of your top choices and check their testimonials as well as asking peers for their opinions.
There are a multitude of helpful groups on platforms such as Facebook ready to offer support, recommendations and advice.
4. Ensure you’re getting the full package.
You don’t want to be paying for multiple systems and spending time integrating data. Rostering, invoicing, payroll and care management can and should all be managed from one system to improve efficiency, save time and reduce human error.
5. Ask about set up and implementation fees as well as administrator licences vs care worker licences so you have a full picture of costs.
Cheaper isn’t always better, but you also don’t want to be hit further down the line with surprise fees.
6. Make sure everything you need is included.
A software that charges extra for the features you really need is effectively useless. You shouldn't be required to pay for multiple extras to run your business safely and efficiently.
7. Find a provider that will supply mobile handsets and care worker support as part of the contract.
Purchasing handsets either outright or on contract in bulk through your software provider can work out a lot cheaper than finding your own deal.
8. Ask for an idea of how long will training take, what support is available and is there an extra cost for this?
Good training, an accessible support team and an intuitive software all make for an easy transition with minimal errors.
Unless you're a developer, it's almost impossible to know what the latest developments are in the software industry and what sort of features you can expect.
Give us a call today to discover OnePlan Software: https://www.oneplansoftware.co.uk/contact/